Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Hey, Okay, got that fixed I think it must have been to do with the USB cd drive or something In the end i flashed the Bios which seems to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Jvr
    Just Joined!

Hey,
    Okay, got that fixed
    I think it must have been to do with the USB cd drive or something

In the end i flashed the Bios which seems to have put the whole machine back to where it was

Is there any other way to create a super grub USB in windows as i'm a little weary of this USB CD drive/cd i have here.

I have a mighty batch of Java course work to be handed in tomorow so i'm going to have to nail that this afternoon/tonight and maybe even over night i guess...

Will let you know if i get bored and play with the CD again and if i have any success/fail once again heh.

-Jvr

I have an AAO 120GB hdd WinXP on half of the drive and Fedora 10 on the other. Fedora has a liveusb-creator that works in Fedora or there is a Windows version. If you install Fedora 10 with a liveusb it takes about 12 minutes there is also a Fedora 10 derivative "Omega 10" that has 3rd party audio and video and their corresponding repos.

"Rahul Sundaram just posted this on the Announce mailing list:

Hello Friends,

I am pleased to announce the general release of Omega 10, a Linux based operating system and a community Fedora Remix for desktop and laptop users.

It is a installable Live CD for regular PC (i686 architecture) systems. It has all the features of Fedora 10 and a number of additional multimedia players and codecs. You can play any multimedia including MP3 music or commercial DVD's out of the box.

In addition to that, a number of other useful software including Brasero media burner, OpenJDK - Free and open source Java, including the browser plugin and command line utilities like mc and powertop is packed in the Live CD and available by default."

ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/spins/omega-10-desktop.iso

SHA1SUM:
    --------

63b8e2f0a8d14a9c4ae4bbc4b031e4ad8a98ccc8 omega-10-desktop.iso

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3