Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I would agree that 4.2 is better than 4.1 but it still has completely crashed on my system several times, including one time where an update caused a kernal panic ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I would agree that 4.2 is better than 4.1 but it still has completely crashed on my system several times, including one time where an update caused a kernal panic and I was unable to boot into anything....
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    I would agree that 4.2 is better than 4.1 but it still has completely crashed on my system several times, including one time where an update caused a kernal panic and I was unable to boot into anything....
    Did it happen in (K)Ubuntu?
    It seems to me that most users who complain about KDE 4, use (K)Ubuntu.
    But complains get less common each month and many said good things about 4.2.
    I use Fedora 10 for 3 months and it never crashed. Only a plasmoid at times in 4.1 .
    In 4.2 my plasmoids have not crashed yet.
    Or maybe I haven't done anything fancy in my Fedora system (I am still newbie in Fedora...)

PS: Do you remember how KDE 3 was some years ago? See here.

yeah I've tried several distros. I actually ran the nightly build in Kubuntu because I felt like the regular one was boring, plus had lots of bugs (I actually posted two that have already been accepted, one being major dependency issues). I tried OpenSuse and Fedora....without the nightly build I honestly didn't think KDE was worth it. But I do think if you head over to launchpad and look at how many bugs have been posted regarding 4.2 you might agree that it's definitely not as stable as we'd hope a 3rd release of a software would be
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2