Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I desperately need help. I am non-tech, and do not have the vaguest idea how to install software. I want to install GIMP so I can just make the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GIMP on ASUS EEE PC Linux

Hello! I desperately need help. I am non-tech, and do not have the vaguest idea how to install software. I want to install GIMP so I can just make the very simplest changes to photos (brightness, sharpness, cropping). I know GIMP will work on Linux, but when I go to their site, I am so intimidated by 'configurations,' codes, etc. that I don't know what to do.

Can someone please walk me through this? Please answer me at: marmottes6@hotmail.com

I am, as is my screen name, very confused.

Thank you.

Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open a terminal. Then type
    Code:
    sudo bash
    to become root.
    I am not sure if Gimp is available on EEEPC repositories, so try the following and post back if it doesn't work. The first 2 commands are used to update your EEEPC.
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install gimp
    Or
    Code:
    synaptic
    Synaptic is a graphical front-end for apt-get. Search for gimp there, mark it for installation and click apply.

Just Joined!
    Yep, that should work I have GIMP on my EEE PC (with their customly designed version of Xandros) and it works just fine

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close