Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have HP Pavilion dv 2700 with Vista Premium installed. I installed CentOS in it yesterday & I installed the GRUB in the first sector of /BOOT partition. The installation ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cent OS 5.2 not booting after installation

I have HP Pavilion dv 2700 with Vista Premium installed. I installed CentOS in it yesterday & I installed the GRUB in the first sector of /BOOT partition. The installation was successful. But the problem is GRUB does not load. I get into Windows Vista directly after restart. I tried to repair but was unable to repair. So, pls help me. If possible gimme the procedure ...

Thank You in Advance

Gyan

Hi and Welcome !

If you want to use GRUB Boot Loader then it must be installed in MBR instead of Boot Sector.
    EIther re-install GRUB in MBR or add an entry of CentOS in Vista Boot Loader.

Boot up from CentOS installation CD/DVD, select Rescue Mode and execute this at rescue shell :
    Code:
    chroot /mnt/sysimage
    grub-install /dev/sda
    exit 
    exit
    GRUB Menu will appear on reboot.

In case you want to use Vista Boot Loader, google to instructions. There are a lot of packages available to do that.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanx bro ... but if adding an entry of CentOS in Vista Boot Loader is possible ... pls tell me how can I do that ... that would be grt ...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Either use VistBootPro or follow instructions from here.

Setting up dual boot through GRUB of CentOS will be a lot easier, imho.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First