Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I'm relatively a new user to Linux, been using many different flavours over the years and since purchasing a used Acer Aspire One have finally found a Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linpus Linux Network trouble

Hi all,
    I'm relatively a new user to Linux, been using many different flavours over the years and since purchasing a used Acer Aspire One have finally found a Linux distro to suit my needs. There is only one problem I have with Linpus Linux Lite is that I'm having a lot of difficulty in accessing my network shared drives.

I've got a Windows machine sharing files and folders and also a MacBook with the samba sharing enabled. I'm able to browse the network folders if I install smb4k (KDE based) but having difficulty in accessing the network folders directly in Linpus Linux. Since the hard drive is quite small (8Gb) I'd like to remove KDE and use XFCE entirely.

Is anyone familiar with the networking tools available to Linpus Linux Lite and have successfully got them working with Mac OS X / Windows systems?

Appreciate any help that you can provide.

You might find something on here that will work for you: Samba GUI Information

Whether any of these are in the Linpus repositories, I don't know. Linpus is based on Fedora 8, if you need to search for rpms. RPM Search