Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I don't know what has happened, but every time I attempt to log into Myspace it shuts down firefox. It closes my browser a little before it finishes loading. It ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Myspace closing Linux Firefox

I don't know what has happened, but every time I attempt to log into Myspace it shuts down firefox. It closes my browser a little before it finishes loading.

It has happened since last Thursday when they got the new IM toolbar, but I did not download it.

My firefox has also deleted all of my bookmarks, and doesn't go to my normal homepage anymore.

After I noticed all of this, I restored the factory settings of my laptop and uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, but it is still the same. Every time I log in, I cannot keep my firefox open.

I am using an Acer Aspire One with Linux Linpus. My Firefox is the most recent.

Can anyone help me?

I'd recommend clearing out your Firefox configuration. You can do this by removing (or better renaming) the hidden Mozilla directory in your home folder.

Just as an aside, Linux works a little differently. You don't need to remove and reinstall apps...in fact it probably won't help. You just remove the configuration for that application and let it create a new one.

If you can't find the directory, execute the following in a terminal
    Code:
    mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla.old

Just Joined!
    This might sound stupid but how do I get the terminal up? It's no where to be seen. I can't find the mozilla configuration even with home searches.

Thanks for the info so far!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveyruss View Post
    This might sound stupid but how do I get the terminal up? It's no where to be seen. I can't find the mozilla configuration even with home searches.

Thanks for the info so far!
    Welcome to the forums!

If you are running Gnome, you should find Terminal in the start menu, or maybe an icon for it on one of the panels. If you running KDE, look for Konsole in the same locations.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

If you are running Gnome, you should find Terminal in the start menu, or maybe an icon for it on one of the panels. If you running KDE, look for Konsole in the same locations.

The OS is Linux Lite, The desktop is very basic, I have my home panel on the bottom left hand corner and no other options there. My home link is divided between work, files fun and connect. I cannot find the terminal, I would expect it to be hidden if this wasn't an admin account but it must be since it's the only one on here.

There's generally no need to hide the terminal in Linux as user and system permissions are so well defined. That is, if you're not supposed to do it, you can't!

I see that there is a way to access the terminal in Linpus Lite...

Acer Aspire One - Advance Linpus mode hack | AspireOneUser.com - Acer Aspire One User Resource Forum & Blog

To do this go to Files > My Documents to open the File Manager. Then go to File > Terminal.

Just Joined!
    Ok I found it and sorted it. Thank you for your help.

Just Joined!
    I am having the same problem. I am running Linpus Linux Lite...

I found the terminal but did not understand how to do anything from there. I even tried the link that was posted in a reply in this thread but don't think that will work for my computer (or I'm just a moron...)

Help??

Hi and Welcome !

Open Terminal and type this
    Code:
    mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla.old
    Hit Enter key and launch Firefox again.

Make sure to close Firefox before executing command in Terminal.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks, I did that and it reset firefox (It went to a "Welcome to Firefox" screen when I reopened it), however, myspace still closes the browser!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast