Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone tell me which Linux distro is best for using a T-mobile usb mobile broardband dongle. I'm running Mint at the moment and can't get it working...Are there any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mobile Broardband

Can anyone tell me which Linux distro is best for using a T-mobile usb mobile broardband dongle. I'm running Mint at the moment and can't get it working...Are there any distos that work out of the box??? I've got an Acer aspire one 8G

Just Joined!
    I don't know about T Mobiles but i've had Sprint and Verizon both b4. No linux i believe will work without tweaking, but i believe theres settings you can use in gnome ppp or kppp or any P2P setup. Just put in settings like connecting to dial up only through your 3G modem, the settings are diffrent varying on the carrier. I used wvdial and just had to input #777 and set it to use USB MODEM to dial it. Only problem you might have is if its not detecting it and you can check that with "lsusb" command.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by stevennp View Post
    Can anyone tell me which Linux distro is best for using a T-mobile usb mobile broardband dongle. I'm running Mint at the moment and can't get it working...Are there any distos that work out of the box??? I've got an Acer aspire one 8G
    Ubuntu 8.10 intrepid or Jaunty netbook remix (beta at the mo due for release 23rd april and truly excellent)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close