Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have A Dell mini 9 with Ubuntu that came with it, I want to put on Kubuntu on there because I feel the desktop is more attractive but is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Kubuntu on Dell Mini 9?

I have A Dell mini 9 with Ubuntu that came with it, I want to put on Kubuntu on there because I feel the desktop is more attractive but is there a way without having to install using disc? And will my ubuntu drivers from Dell work with Kubuntu? Thanks, Devon.

Here are some guides:

Howto install/remove Gnome,KDE,Xfce in Ubuntu | linuxine
    How to install KDE on Ubuntu
    How to Install KDE 4.1 on Ubuntu 8.04 - Step-by-step tutorial with screenshots! - Softpedia

You can also download Kubuntu to a USB flash drive and install from that. The mini comes with Ubuntu 8.04, right? The corresponding KDE version in 8.04 is, in my opinion, still too immature for real use. I recommend upgrading to 9.04, with KDE 4.2, which is the first of the useful KDE4 releases.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You can download and install KDE with the package manager, I believe. Doing it that way would not harm your current installation, but would give you the option of logging in with either Gnome or KDE when you want.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

How much disk space do you have in your Dell Mini?
    As Rubberman suggested, if you have enough space then install kubutu-desktop. You will have an option to load either DE ( Gnome or KDE ) at Login Screen.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get clean all
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First