Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey guys, My system had became corrupt on my Acer Aspire One, so i went out and downloaded an image and it is a Ghost image. I am Linpus installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Restore image on Acer Aspire One

Hey guys,
    My system had became corrupt on my Acer Aspire One, so i went out and downloaded an image and it is a Ghost image. I am Linpus installed on the machine now, but i want to restore this ghost image. Is there a way to do this in linux?
    Thanks!

Linux Guru
    Hello, and welcome to Linux Forums!

What type of image is it? What is the file type, like .iso or .img? If it is an actual Ghost image, you may need to have Ghost installed to use it.

A quick search gave me this site, it may be of some help:

http://www.liliputing.com/2009/01/ac...-download.html
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Hi Waterhead, thanks! The image is a .GHO image. I was trying to install Ghost on it and I can get it to run the .exe file. How do you do that in Linux? I am trying to find an image that works. If this one doesn't. I actually ran across that site before as well, but the link seems to be broken when you try and hit the download link. Linpus.org (i think is the site) has the recovery cd's on there, but the links are broken as well. (they don't exist). Let me know what you think.
    Thanks!

Linux Guru
    That looks like a Ghost image you have.

I see that the link is bad, but if you remove the last part of the link, it will take you here:

Index of /Linux/Linpus

There are several Linpus iso files there, maybe you can use one. These files are disk images that can be burned to a disk (CD or DVD). I don't know if they are installation disks or what. You may have to try one to find out.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    I hate to sound stupid, but when i go to the Acer Aspire One Recovery folder on there...it has 2 sources. Then under that, it has a bunch of files. Not sure what to do here. Thanks!

You can download the latest Linpus Iso there which is LinpusLinux9.6.iso 07-Oct-2008 10:50 3.6G or if you need a smaller download because your usb stck is only 2 gigs you can use the LinpusLite.iso 07-Oct-2008 10:51 699M

The 3.6 gig version will come with a lot more on it. Looking at the iso list. 9.6 Linpus is the latest release.

You know just for info that you can install Easy Peasy Ubuntu also instaed of Linpus if you so wish. Yet Another Technology Site: How to install Easy Peasy in Acer Aspire One
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Hi Rokytnji,
    Thanks! I was trying to put a different distro on it, but the drivers weren't working for anything but the sound. Couldn't get the video, wireless or anything else to work on it. Any advice?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by sisco22; 04-27-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: mistype

Linux Guru
    The aspire one source folder has a zipped file named linux-2.6.23.9lw.zip, that may be the restore file that you were looking for.

Waterhead is giving you good advice there sisco. Your Acer has a system restore
    section in the hardrive. That is what he is pointing you to.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Guru
    Actually, I was referring to the link that I posted before. There is a zipped file in this location:

/Aspire_One_Linpus_Linux/Aspire_One_Source/linux-2.6.23.9lw.zip

You are right about the restore file on the Acer. But I fear that it may have been removed when the current OS was installed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast