Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Was it the same USB that you booted on the Sony, that wouldn't boot on the Everex? Otherwise I would suspect that the USB isn't set up correctly. It does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Was it the same USB that you booted on the Sony, that wouldn't boot on the Everex? Otherwise I would suspect that the USB isn't set up correctly.

It does sound as if it isn't booting from the correct device. Maybe give the blinking cursor some time, and see what happens. The small CPU on netbooks is going to make things a lot slower. My Eee PC shows a blinking cursor before it boots into the SD card.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Yeah i gave it some time, nothing...eventually it skipped on and booted to the mem test on the hard drive. Tried not setting it as primary either and just leaving it all default and plugged it in and booted. I used the automatic process to create it in ubuntu, thought that would make a diffrence since i heard the netbooks won't boot if more than 1 partition on a USB, but i checked and the auto usb maker in ubuntu only makes one and i KNOW the knoppix one was one cause i did it by hand.

Just Joined!
    Ick...so no luck so far...anyone else with any idea's?

Linux Guru
    Did you ever try using a SD card?
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Actually no...oops. Guess i'll try taht first b4 giving up all hope.

Just Joined!
    No luck with the SD card....same blinking cursor...again..works great in my laptop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3