Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just unmount and delete swap partition to make it unallocated Space....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Just unmount and delete swap partition to make it unallocated Space.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Quote Originally Posted by enhu View Post
    i'm currently using this in livecd. still unaware how to fully install this puppy i've followed the step by step given by the universal installer but didnt work. can you lead me to the step by step instruction please.
    What do you mean "it didn't work"? Which part gave you a problem? Were there any error messages?
    Try to give us a few details to go on here, and we may be able to help you out.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!

Just unmount and delete swap partition to make it unallocated Space.
    im not sure if i can still do this. i dont have any os right now.. what im using is a livecd.

i've actually tried using the universal installer from the livecd. and followed the instructions given. when i reboot it back to its booting sequence it worked.

few hours i restart it again and now prompt me with grub... error 15.
    i also tried installing it again following this instruction using the full hard disk installation < ---[ found in my signature. ] and still didnt work.

what possibly is wrong? i have no OS anymore..

You have a operating system installed still. Grub is just telling you it cant' find it.

You can access your install using the live cd. You will probably need to post your /boot/grub/menu lst. file and post the results of
    fdisk -l
    That is a lower case L after the dash
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    the grub install sometimes doesn't throw the right settings when you pick it. Reinstall grub from the livecd, it is in there. might have to do it 2 or 3 times. Eventually it will take and you won't have to boot from CD. I tested about 15 of the different puppy variations and about half of them did this. The install works fine. But the grub isn't perfect. When you get grub on right and it is booting from the HD you will like puppy I bet, it is fast. Only drawback is ICE is someone feisty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2