Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All Having recently bought my first Linux OS computer i think i may be writing many more posts... As mentioned above my os is "Linpus Linex Light v1.0.13.E" and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Updating Firefox on "Linpus Linex Light v1.0.13.E

Hello All

Having recently bought my first Linux OS computer i think i may be writing many more posts...

As mentioned above my os is "Linpus Linex Light v1.0.13.E" and i'm running it on an Acer Aspire One (AOA110 - Aw Atom 512)

My first is concerning updating fire fox. my current version is 2.0.0.14
    When i click on 'Help' the drop down bar shows 'Check for updates' however it is in a different shade to the rest of the text and cant be selected.

i have downloaded 'firefox -3.0.10.tar.bz2' but when i click 'open' from the firefox 'downloads' window, another window opens saying 'the patch file does not available' (sic)

if i open the above file with 'xarchiver' (the defult opening program) i get a long list of file names with endings: .gif, .html, .png, .properties, .css.

can some one please help

Many thanks

DH

Linpus Lite is very limited(some would say crippled...) and I recommend replacing it with a real Linux distribution.

For Acer Aspire One, there is probably nothing better than Ubuntu Easy Peasy.
    Everything works out the box: wireless, camera, codecs are preinstalled, flash is preinstalled and it has Firefox 3, OpenOffice 3, Pidgin,VLC and Songbird!!!
    You have to do NOTHING after the installation! It really rocks

The installation is really easy and in case you have a question, everyone in the forums can help you, since Ubuntu (on which it is based) is probably the most popular Linux distribution.

Just Joined!
    Hello L4Linux

thanks for the reply... i'll see you on the other side...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close