Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Familiar Linux with GPE on my H3800 Ipaq and am trying to get it to connect to the internet through the cradle. Before I can do that, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux on Ipaq freezes when in cradle

I just installed Familiar Linux with GPE on my H3800 Ipaq and am trying to get it to connect to the internet through the cradle. Before I can do that, however, as soon as I put it into the cradle, it freezes completely and I have to reset it. It doesn't freeze if the cradle isn't plugged into the desktop. I'm sure I must've put it in without in freezing once or twice since I installed it but I can't be sure. Also, I accidentally installed the H3600 version rather than the H3800 version, might that have anything to do with it?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    First, install the correct version - the one for the 3800. It is likely that subtle differences in the hardware are causing such problems since a distribution intended for resource-constrained mobile devices such as the iPaq likely is severely tailored for ONLY the hardware in that system. Once you have done that, installed the correct version, then see what happens. Until then, there isn't much we can say to help you.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!