Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey i m also installing the rhel 5 on vaio but at installation startup it shows the error of x driver startup failed and it goes to the TUI installation ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing the rhel 5 on vaio

hey
    i m also installing the rhel 5 on vaio
    but at installation startup it shows the error of x driver startup failed and it goes to the TUI installation
    so u installed it with GUI mode ?
    and if yes then how ?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, unless there is a really good reason to use RHEL on your Vaio laptop, I don't recommend it - try Ubuntu or other more up-to-date systems instead which will better support the hardware. My wife has to run RHEL (Fermi Linux) on her Vaio, and it is a real PITA to get to work right, and a lot of the hardware isn't supported. Sony seems to like doing everything in a proprietary manner deliberately so to make installing a lot of open source software very difficult.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Even I wouldn't recommend installing RHEL 5 on a laptop as my past experince doind the same weren't good at all. Finding the dirvers , compiling is a big hectic task. I faced the problem of installing wireless on my laptop although I found the dirvers on the net but all efforts went in vain as compiling bombarded me with make errors. Dont Install it on lapton unless you don't have a choice.
    Only if I could understand the man pages
    Registered Linux user #492640