Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by waterhead So, for $150 I got P4 2.4Ghz laptop. Not bad! That's awesome. I want to get myself a HP 6730B, $1200 AUD, with 2GB RAM and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    So, for $150 I got P4 2.4Ghz laptop. Not bad!
    That's awesome. I want to get myself a HP 6730B, $1200 AUD, with 2GB RAM and a 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo. The 160GB HDD is nice too, although Ubuntu only ever uses 4-8GB :P.

Anyway, good luck!

Linux Guru
    A dual-core 2.66 GHz will beat the pants off of the P4 2.4 GHz single core! The laptop I got is a HP ze5375us. It does have an ATI video chipset in it, but wish it was nVidia.

I actually gave the laptop back to the co-worker. It was so he could copy and/or delete any personal files and information from it. I also said if he wanted to, he could pay me what I spent on fixing it. and keep it. I also put a wireless-G miniPCI card in it ($10) and two 512MB RAM cards, left over from when I upgraded my laptop's memory.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by chanavs View Post
    Send your laptop to a technician like me for repairs else find a new fan and change it
    or replace the firewall.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    A dual-core 2.66 GHz will beat the pants off of the P4 2.4 GHz single core! The laptop I got is a HP ze5375us. It does have an ATI video chipset in it, but wish it was nVidia.

I actually gave the laptop back to the co-worker. It was so he could copy and/or delete any personal files and information from it. I also said if he wanted to, he could pay me what I spent on fixing it. and keep it. I also put a wireless-G miniPCI card in it ($10) and two 512MB RAM cards, left over from when I upgraded my laptop's memory.
    Yes, yes it would. The 6730B has just a standard Intel - but hey, we're not running Vista here. It works fine with XP SP3, so Ubuntu should run a absolute dream.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2