Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've googled around and can't seem to find an answer to the question "How can I configure the places in the eeebuntu netbook launcher?". To ease command line use I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

eeebuntu Netbook Launcher Places

I've googled around and can't seem to find an answer to the question "How can I configure the places in the eeebuntu netbook launcher?". To ease command line use I was converting my home folders into all lowercase so that some weren't arbitrarily capitalized, making me retype commands, and now it can't find things like my music folder. Where is the configuration file/program to change this? It seems to follow the nautilus places list. I would change it on nautilus but the folder section need to edit has all the modification options greyed out, even if I start it with gksudo. I thank in advance for any help offered.

-Kit

Hmm. It's been a long time since I used nautilus or GNOME.

I would install gconf-editor if it isn't already installed and look there.

According to this you can change the name of the default desktop icons for home, computer, and trash. It seems like that may change the label in the places menu also, or there may be another option somewhere.

Just Joined!
    Alrighty, I'll try this. Thank you.