Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi!! I'm very new in Linux I installed yesterday in my Acer Aspire One AO751h (1gb ram, intel atom 1.33 mhz, GMA500 graphics) the Ubuntu Remix 9.04. I have several ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Streaming video freezez at Acer Aspire One with Ubuntu remix

Hi!! I'm very new in Linux I installed yesterday in my Acer Aspire One AO751h (1gb ram, intel atom 1.33 mhz, GMA500 graphics) the Ubuntu Remix 9.04. I have several problems with video streaming (avi, mkv, mp4). I tried of course downloading VLC player, Mplayer, all codecs I found but the moviese freezes, I don't know what to do.

I'm worry about the configuration of drivers or something like that, I recently configured GMA500 problems with Compiz using info I found in websites (but I can't post the link here at the moment) and maybe I broke something... I don't know how to start, so I need your help. Sorry for my bad english and thanks!!

Ubuntu 9.04 has some well known problems with intel graphics cards, and your symptoms sound like that is the problem.

Honestly, at this point rather than fiddling around trying to fix it, I recommend either installing Easy Peasy, which is based on Ubuntu Netbook Remix, but has been preconfigured to work around these problems, or switch the release candidate for Ubuntu 9.10, which should be reasonable stable, even though it's not quite the final release.

There's builds of 9.10 UNR as well.