Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I love my Acer Aspire One. I prefer SSDs in principle but the one that ships with this is very slow, so I'd take that into consideration. The hardware itself ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I love my Acer Aspire One. I prefer SSDs in principle but the one that ships with this is very slow, so I'd take that into consideration. The hardware itself is great looking and works well.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieren View Post
    That does look nice and the reviews suggest that it's battery life is a massive 7 hours! On the downside looking at the pictures it does have a rocker for mouse buttons so pressing both at the same time wont be possible.
    I forgot, that was the first thing to break on my Eee PC. The left-click no longer works, so I have been doing the "Double-Tap" on the mousepad. It does work if I remove the rocker and click with a small object, like a pen. So it must be the rocker itself that is bad.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Guru
    I wouldn't get a POV Mobii from the USA. Especially since they come from The Netherlands. There seems to be a lot of them for sale in Germany, at least that is what I think the .de means. The red one seems to be the cheapest.

POV Mobii RED
    POV Mobii WHITE
    POV Mobii BLACK

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm "Pushing" this netbook. But I would consider one for myself, if it had an extra slot for a wireless broadband card.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Thanks, I'll check it out although the place I bought it is claiming they can only repair/replace as it is over 7 days old
    Trading standards mate, unsuitable for purpose, they must give at least 30 days for refund. I have a Packard bell and I think it rocks running suse 11.2 everything out of the box.

Ah well, even if that's the case I'm still over; it's more like 4 months. I think I'm going to take the replacement but to be honest that keyboard will probably break in no time at all anyway and they will soon realise I can't be trusted with the Eee
    Linux User #453176

I hate to hear the 901s are having keyboard issues. I've had three of the previous EEEs the "Surf" model that first came out and all three are still going strong for me with no hardware problems...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Yeah, apart from the keyboard issue I love the thing
    Linux User #453176

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    Thanks, I'll check it out although the place I bought it is claiming they can only repair/replace as it is over 7 days old
    Only 7 days????
    You have a right of full refund under the Sale of Goods Act. You can return it of "unmerchandisable quality" If they persist in refusing to accept it (unlikely) tell them you will be filing a complaint with the Trading Standards Office

Mike
    Last edited by oxf; 11-07-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Oh OK I you're over 4 months so that wont work. However, seven days is most definatly not legal!

I thought it was a bit off but I've sent it back now, costing me 10! If they send me a new one I'll just return it within the 7 days
    Linux User #453176

Linux Guru
    Before I inherited/purchased my wifes Acer Aspire one and I also own A Asus 900 4igig/16gig SSD I was checking out,

NorhTec - Products

Base model is cheap but the Netbook is highly upgradeable. Have no need for one now but it looked interesting just the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2