Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I bought "ElonexOnet" in ebay, but what I received was "ElonexOne+" and there is no SD card slot for distributions like MX3. Although I'm complaining about this to the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[ElonexOne+] HELP me to put puppy.

Hi,

I bought "ElonexOnet" in ebay, but what I received was "ElonexOne+" and there is no SD card slot for distributions like MX3.
    Although I'm complaining about this to the seller, if this works well, it is fine.
    This laptop is ****ing slow! I can't even open a file!
    I looked for a alternative os, but since this computer is uk only, there were not many infomation.

I found out that it can boot from usb; but only for its recovery. cannot boot puppy or else.
    This is just an idea but, if an usb is disguised as a recovery, is it possible to install other linux??

I'm totally new to Linux. I got no idea about computing.
    But is it possible?
    It might also be helpful for other ElonexOne user if there is an alternative.

PLEASE help me.

Kaz

Sorry to say, but it isn't possible.

The Elonex One uses a MIPS processor. Puppy and most other distros have not been ported for use with MIPS. (Debian does have a MIPS port, however.)

So you might in theory be able to get Debian on there, but it's not a trivial task.

Also, their custom linux spin linos is an incredibly stipped down embedded system as is. I would bet any general purpose linux distro no matter how light would be as slow or slower.

Basically, the Elonex is a piece of...you know what.

Elonex ONE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just Joined!
    Reed9

Thank you for your quickest answer.

I've read someone saying that it might be possible to boot puppy, so I was hoping it to be real.
    Anyway, I have never read any description saying that it is impossible to run any other dstros, so this thread may help other people to give up.

In terms of knowledge, Elones One+ helped me a lot to gain.
    But surely, I will send it back to the seller who decieved me!

Let me thank you again for your reply

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I've read someone saying that it might be possible to boot puppy, so I was hoping it to be real.
    Anyway, I have never read any description saying that it is impossible to run any other dstros, so this thread may help other people to give up.
    To be clear, it is certainly possible to install something else on the machine. But it's not easy or something the casual user will be able to do.