Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by rtchandler25 I have successfully booted both Moblin and Jolicloud. Jolicloud has issues with the wireless internet but that may be because I haven't figured how to tell ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by rtchandler25 View Post
    I have successfully booted both Moblin and Jolicloud. Jolicloud has issues with the wireless internet but that may be because I haven't figured how to tell it what the WEP code is yet. It worked ok with a hardwire connection.

I still can not boot live fedora 12. The boot process starts so it is seeing the usb port but when it transfers control to udev thats when it dies so perhaps the usb port is not being passed off the udev correctly?

Does anyone know what udev does first as no error messages are being issued that I can see. (Yes text option is on)

You can try pressing the F-keys during boot up......Ctrl + Alt + F2 throughnCtrl + Alt + F7, will sometimes spit out error messages that you can use. If Ctrl + Alt + F2 doesn't have error messages, then check Ctrl + Alt + F3 and so on.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryjcox View Post
    I also tried to install Fedora 12 (both live and full) from off an external DVD drive attached to the USB port. Those both hung at "Starting udev:" as well.
    I am at work now and cannot download torrents. Will try the LXDE (sp?) spin when possible, but would prefer using the Fedora 12 live.
    I did successfully install the Ubuntu 9.10 Remix no problem using the same 1GB USB stick. That has not caused any problems. Would simply prefer to move back to Fedora as Skype on Ubuntu 9.10 remix does not support the microphone on my Compaq Mini 110.
    Thanks.
    I'm getting the same problem on my HP/USB DVD drive, trying to upgrade from Fedora 11 (which works fine on the HP) to Fedora 12, and a similar problem with OpenSuse 11.2 (which has no problems on an Asus K501).

Just Joined!

inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by kerryjcox View Post
    I also tried to install Fedora 12 (both live and full) from off an external DVD drive attached to the USB port. Those both hung at "Starting udev:" as well.
    I am at work now and cannot download torrents. Will try the LXDE (sp?) spin when possible, but would prefer using the Fedora 12 live.
    I did successfully install the Ubuntu 9.10 Remix no problem using the same 1GB USB stick. That has not caused any problems. Would simply prefer to move back to Fedora as Skype on Ubuntu 9.10 remix does not support the microphone on my Compaq Mini 110.
    Thanks.
    i was having the same problem with my nephew's dell dimension 4550 pentium 4. it would crank up on fedora 9, but nothing newer. your mention of the "u" word solved my problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2