Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm new to Linux. Just started off trying Ubuntu since the past 2 months. I LOVE LINUX. I'm quite sad that I didn't know about it before. I'm trying out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lnux on a Fujitsu Lifebook T4215?

I'm new to Linux. Just started off trying Ubuntu since the past 2 months. I LOVE LINUX. I'm quite sad that I didn't know about it before. I'm trying out openSUSE already too.

But I'm really looking forward to installing a distro on my tablet PC.
    Have you already tried putting a LINUX distro on your tablet PC? if yes, did you face any driver issues? because I'm not going to put it unless I can take advantage of all my hardware.

I currently use Windows 7 on my Fujitsu T4215 and I'm sick of it. please let me know soon and how should i go about picking the right distro for the job. and known driver issues. and ofcourse, do share something about why you love linux =)

happy posting

Just Joined!

Try anything.

I've seen discussions on just this subject of what is best. Because of an Office suite requiring Fedora to be installed I did just that, knowing no better. This was on an Aspire One with total 8GB on the hard drive. And it works! I say; if the computer has the space, try anything.

Since you are in Linux now, make very good acquaintance with the fact that you are now doing everything yourself. Windows makes it too easy to be picky to get the thing that works just right. The biggest change I had to make was to lose that attitude. Learn anything and everything. You're going to need it, but that's also the freedom of Linux. Give yourself the time to get to know the landscape. Enjoy!

Just make very sure of one thing. Back up your data files separately on an external drive. Double it up with disc back ups. This is exactly the reason why I chose a small hard drive for the operating system. Crashes will then not affect your data.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    My wife just got a Toshiba netbook for birthday/xmas from me. It came with Win7. That has a tool to shrink the system partition to 1/2 size, so she was then able to install Ubuntu 9.10 on the remaining 1/2 of the disc and can now dual boot to Win7 or Ubuntu. That's what I'd recommend you do, so you can try various current distributions of Linux without munging with a working Win7 partition until you are positive you can do without Win7. At that point, you can remove the Win7 partition and have Linux use the released space.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!