Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody! I have this EeePC 1000H with Win XP on it. I tried to use some distros on it a year ago (eeeBuntu , Cruchbang linux ...) but dispite ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Eee PC 1000H What distro has more performance?

Hi everybody!
    I have this EeePC 1000H with Win XP on it.
    I tried to use some distros on it a year ago (eeeBuntu , Cruchbang linux ...) but dispite all the advantages of linux I experienced petter performance on Windows XP when watching HD videos like Youtube (still doing less fps than it should, but better than linux).
    Actually the streming of HD videos if the only situation where I notice a lack of performance in this computer.

Do you know any distros where I could get more performance than XP in streming HD videos ? or XP performance is the best I can technically get from this PC?

I'm not very experienced with linux, so I will consider to switch to a distro just if there is a guide to enable all the eee PC function buttons, and the possibility to install Skype ...

Can you suggest me something?

Flash under linux is going to be slower than flash with Windows on any distribution you use. There's no way around it. Flash is a proprietary technology and the open source and linux community have no ability to improve support. It's also a crappy insecure piece of software and hopefully HTML5 video tags will allow us to break free of its strangehold on internet video.

As I understand it, part or all of the problem with Flash performance on linux, is that it does not use hardware acceleration, which means the CPU has to do all the heavy lifting. On a netbook with a low powered CPU, that becomes a problem. The new Flash 10.1 Beta I hear has improved performance some, but still does not support hardware acceleration on Linux or Mac.

Adobe - Flash Player : Help - Display Settings