Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All Been having a look at distributions recently to test items such as performance and stability. So I have agreed on Ubuntu netbook remix on my acer aspire 1410, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Alternative Distros to Intel based distro

Hi All
    Been having a look at distributions recently to test items such as performance and stability. So I have agreed on Ubuntu netbook remix on my acer aspire 1410, runs brilliantly and no problems what so ever have been seen, performance is far better then the Windows 7 OS that was installed by default.

However I have been having problems finding alternatives to run on a non intel CPU system. Is there anything out there that is a good alternative to Ubuntu NR that will run on s non intel CPU?

Thanks
    Phil

what type of system are you talking about? ubuntu runs on many different CPU types

Debian is really the way to go for alternate CPU architectures. They have official downloads for many different architectures.

Downloading Debian CD/DVD images via HTTP/FTP

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I will have to look into that. I can run full on Ubuntu on it but I wanted to get a specific netbook version so I will give that ago.

Thanks very much.

There are lot netbook versions available. I would suggest you check Moblin and Ubuntu Netbook Remix.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First