Results 1 to 2 of 2
Computer: ASUS 1005PE EEEpc OS: Fedora 13 w/ Kernel linux 188.8.131.52-95.fc13.i686 Problem: LCD brightness isn't as bright as previous OS (fedora 12) - Adjusted brightness in power management and it's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 05-26-2010 #1
- Join Date
- May 2010
[SOLVED] Asus EEEpc Brightness Issues
Computer: ASUS 1005PE EEEpc
OS: Fedora 13 w/ Kernel linux 184.108.40.206-95.fc13.i686
Problem: LCD brightness isn't as bright as previous OS (fedora 12)
- Adjusted brightness in power management and it's at 100%.
- When doing this adjustment some intervals go black (ie 40% and 80%)
- It appears 79% is the best setting, but its still no where near my previous brightness.
- Brightness hotkeys Fn + F5 and Fn + F6 work, but can't resolve my issue
- Tried xgamma adjustment.. didn't help
- Downloaded acpi and acpitool, when I try to increase brightness through acpitool -z x, I get an error saying I have no ASUS ACPI extensions
- Also when I look at /proc/acpi/video/VGA/LCDD/brightness I get a readout of
levels: 0 3 6 9 12 16 19 21 24 27 29 30 32 33 34 36
- I'm not getting any error logs when this occurs because it appears to be a consistent faulty setting rather than a bug.
This is frustrating because when I first updated my Fedora 12 kernel I ran into the same problem. I decided to try Fedora 13 in hopes that they may have fixed it. It appears this is not the case. To me it seems it might be a possible "power saving" feature implemented in one of the newer kernels. It may also be some type of conflict with acpi.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thank You.
- 05-27-2010 #2
I don't run RPM Distros. But I run Linux on EEEPC 900.
You might want to look at the below thread.
EeeUser Forum / Fedora 13 Released: Anyone Test It Out On Their eeepcs Yet?