Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- May 2010
[SOLVED] Asus EEEpc Brightness Issues
OS: Fedora 13 w/ Kernel linux 220.127.116.11-95.fc13.i686
Problem: LCD brightness isn't as bright as previous OS (fedora 12)
- Adjusted brightness in power management and it's at 100%.
- When doing this adjustment some intervals go black (ie 40% and 80%)
- It appears 79% is the best setting, but its still no where near my previous brightness.
- Brightness hotkeys Fn + F5 and Fn + F6 work, but can't resolve my issue
- Tried xgamma adjustment.. didn't help
- Downloaded acpi and acpitool, when I try to increase brightness through acpitool -z x, I get an error saying I have no ASUS ACPI extensions
- Also when I look at /proc/acpi/video/VGA/LCDD/brightness I get a readout of
levels: 0 3 6 9 12 16 19 21 24 27 29 30 32 33 34 36
- I'm not getting any error logs when this occurs because it appears to be a consistent faulty setting rather than a bug.
This is frustrating because when I first updated my Fedora 12 kernel I ran into the same problem. I decided to try Fedora 13 in hopes that they may have fixed it. It appears this is not the case. To me it seems it might be a possible "power saving" feature implemented in one of the newer kernels. It may also be some type of conflict with acpi.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thank You.
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
I don't run RPM Distros. But I run Linux on EEEPC 900.
You might want to look at the below thread.
EeeUser Forum / Fedora 13 Released: Anyone Test It Out On Their eeepcs Yet?I refuse to let fear and fear of others rule my life. It puts my humanity at risk.
Accepting Death is the only way to stay alive.