Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
As soon as I copied the madWifi file to a USB drive on windows XP I was given the blue screen of death(Windows XP)...edit - well I got it I'm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

As soon as I copied the madWifi file to a USB drive on windows XP I was given the blue screen of death(Windows XP)...edit - well I got it I'm going to try it out cross your fingers for me.

And do I have to buy this driver? What if I buy it and it doesn't work am I SOL?

edit - I'm really really really lost...

Edit - Okay! I restarted my computer and now I have the Wired connection working. Posting from there now. This should be the ticket to FREEDOM. I hope Sorry for spamming this thread

Just Joined!
    okay so I just got my wire-less driver installed which is good, but still having trouble with my BSSID thing. Atleast now when I press Function Key + Wireless Button the light turns on and off.

I download 200+ updates, so progress is being made, but I can't seem to figure this one thing out...yet

edit - I am completely new to this so if this doesn't help I'm sorry...

c@c-laptop ~ $ iwconfig
    lo no wireless extensions.

eth1 IEEE 802.11 Access Point: Not-Associated
    Link Quality:5 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
    Rx invalid nwid:0 invalid crypt:0 invalid misc:0

eth0 no wireless extensions.

I forgot to tell you, sorry about your dog. They are our best friends for years, but sadly have short lives.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Oh it's okay she was real old and suffering. Sad times indeed, but I finally realized I did the right thing ya know. Can't let a dog get that old/sick and keep em around, it's selfish in a way. I appreciate that though, some people just don't know what it's like to have a cool bond with their pet's. Much respect and thanks for that link and the advice and kind words brother. Means alot.

Just Joined!
    Hahahahha! AH HAH!!!!

I was over-complicating things! Go figure the folks who made this great OS would make it easy! I was typing in too much, lol. I erased the BSSID and MAC entries and just typed in the SSID, and instantly have wireless connection!

I'm actually glad no one rushed in here trying to help, because not only does it feel good when I figure things out, but there's an important lesson here. Linux is FRIENDLY and NOT SCARY, just like a lot of obstacles we encounter in life.

Thanks so much guys, I'll leave this thread in-tact for any poor passer-by who may experience the same thing haha.

I can't stop smiling. I'm free from the evils of Windows!

Congratulations on figuring it out, and welcome to the sunny side.

Looks like you have it all figured out I was just going to chime in and mention that yes, 10.04 will run swimmingly on 1 GB of RAM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2