Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
when you say cheap and low spec, do you mean it like they are of low quality and not worth the price Yeah, because my eeepc 701SD runs 1gig of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

when you say cheap and low spec, do you mean it like they are of low quality and not worth the price
    Yeah, because my eeepc 701SD runs 1gig of ram and is Linux friendlier and runs flash OK also plus It has been pretty durable. Just my opinion though and if I had one of these.
    I'd trick it out like everything else I own. I paid 50 buck more for the Asus though.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    I've got a feeling that most computer hardware (especially portable stuff) is over-priced because of demand, while quality and durability continues to drop. Of course with the speed at which technology changes, having hardware that would last for 15 or 20 years probably doesn't make much sense. Regarding the specs situation, it seems like manufacturers must have a difficult situation in front of them continually trying to make things smaller on the outside but bigger on the inside.
    oz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2