Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Issue with internet connection on netbook...

Hi guys, my issue is im having trouble connecting with both wired and wireless connections. here are the FACTS:

1)After I first installed ubuntu netbook remix on the first boot my wireless connection WORKED FINE.
    2) When I booted my netbook for the second time the wireless connection DIDNT WORK. It tried to connect, then after 30 odd seconds it would ask me for my password again, I typed the password again the the process repeats itself.
    3) Now the wired connection is a little different, it does the same as in tries to connect for 30 seconds then disconnects, only during the time it is trying to connect I can actually access the internet.

Things ive tried:
    1) Tried different linux OS, kubuntu, mint, same thing.
    2) Tried re installing ubuntu netbook, same things happens. I can connect on the first boot then and time i boot after that it wont connect.
    3) I have no issues connecting to the net with other wireless computers. Even took the netbook to a mates house to try his connection, same thing happened.

Any help is appreciated

all sorted, just needed to install the drivers for it. and i was using connection sharing for my wired connection and i hadent set it up properly.