Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello every body. I have a laptop sony vaio vgn-cr260a with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx installed on it. Today I tried to plug the internet wire and it freezed completely. After ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

My sony vaio laptop do not start

Hello every body. I have a laptop sony vaio vgn-cr260a with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx installed on it. Today I tried to plug the internet wire and it freezed completely. After desconnecting it I tried to start again but I`ve got the following messages

mount mounting /dev /root/dev failed No such file or directory
    mount mounting /sys /root/sys failed No such file or directory
    mount mounting /proc /root/proc failed No such file or directory
    Target filesystem doesn`t have /sbin/init.
    No init found. Try passing init= bootarg

Well then I tried to start directly from a Lucid Lynx CD installer getting the same messages. After that I tried to start from a systemrescuecd-x86-1.64 getting the same messages. So now I don`t know even how to reinstall Lucid Lynx on it if it were necessary.I have some relevant information on this laptop. I`ll appreciate any sugestions.

Hmm, interesting. I'm guessing your partitions are formatted as ext2/ext3? Try booting off your live CD and run the following command on your '/' partition:

Code:
    e2fsck -f -y -v /dev/sda1
    Please note that '/dev/sda1' may not be your '/' partition number or even device name. Please use fdisk to discover your disk partitions and what they are labeled as:

Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    I hope this will fix the issue. Let us know how it goes.
    “Things derive their being and nature by mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves.”

Just Joined!
    Nagarjuna
    I tried to boot with the live CD and even with a Systemrescuecd with the same results. So I did not have more ideas to work on. Searching the internet I read a post where somebody at the end suggested to remove the hard drive and plug it as a slave into an external computer then switch it off and replug the hard drive in the first computer. Then I bought an external USB enclosure for notebooks hard drives and followed the sugestion using an old machine I have running on Antix.
    And yes it worked like a charm. So thanks very much for your suggestion, now I`m using my laptop again. Best wishes.