Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an Aspire One netbook , an Icybox external USB hard drive device and three UUindouus 7 laptops . I uuant to use the Icybox and the Aspire One ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Aspire One and Icybox to serve files . uuith uuhat 'distro' ?

I have an Aspire One netbook , an Icybox external USB hard drive device and three UUindouus 7 laptops . I uuant to use the Icybox and the Aspire One to serve files to my local netuuork . The Aspire One is dreadfully slouu uuith any graphic interface . So , I uuant to use Linux uuith just a command line to set it up for netorking etc ... UUhat version of Linux should I install on it ? I'll uuant no graphics , just file services and netorking .

Hi and Welcome!

You can accomplish this with any distro. Just don't boot up to a graphical interface.
    Ubuntu Server edition or a minimal Debian install might suit your needs.

BTW, just curious...
    Broken W key? If so, nice work with the 'double-U'
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Thankyou Jay ,
    I guess I'll start with the Ubuntu Server Edition .
    Yes , my "W" key does not work anymore .
    I guess crumbs from pieces of toast are a tough test !
    I'll probably have to pull up a few keys and blow at it , or something .
    I'm using a Samsung NC10 . So far the few bits I've needed have been surprisingly cheap . And online support community very good . I live in Spain , it's very dusty . The fans start making noise after a year . I have to strip the mini fan , clean it and oil the spindle . First time it took me most of the afternoon . Now I can do it in less than a half hour .
    I have three of the NC10s . Office , kitchen and bedroom . Swapping up the hard drive is a doddle . Great machine for Spain with it's frequent power cuts . Microsoft did all they could to 'limit' these little machines , but Samsung did a great job IMO . Memory upgrade is cheap and easy to 2Gig . They run Home Windows 7 a breeze , even with a good stock of applications on board . I'm done with those big rumbling boxes .

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close