Find the answer to your Linux question:
What are the best Instant On OS options right now? Linux or Non Linux Previous thread that was closed and I was asked to restart a new thread My googling ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What are the best Instant On OS options right now? Linux or Non Linux

What are the best Instant On OS options right now? Linux or Non Linux

Previous thread that was closed and I was asked to restart a new thread

My googling finds me some quick candidates:

Splashtop
    Presto
    xPud
    Linpus Quick OS
    Android (x86 port)

Any people with experiences on these?

PS: I like the Linpus Quick OS marketing video which shows instant on functionality with Internet/ Browser, Email Client & Calendar functionality.
    youtube /watch?v=c0V_K0Ffl6Y

Firstly, Linpus has now shortened boot-up time to 3 seconds totally independent of BIOS - Unlike many of its competitors Linpus’ fast boot solution is completely independent of the BIOS and doesn’t need any fine-tuning or involve any extra hardware costs to the manufacturer.
    [Linpus News] New Linpus Quick OS gives you quick & easy access to Windows information

Secondly, it has a number of applications to make it easier for you to access important Windows information in a hurry. PIM Sync and Folder Sync applications were created to help the sharing of key information between the two systems. In the case of PIM Sync, it copies your email and calendar information from Outlook and shows you a copy in QuickOS saving you valuable time in which you would be waiting for your device to start up. In the case of Folder Sync you can copy important files, music and videos from Windows to Linpus QuickOS.

Also I read somewhere that a certain Instant On OS could be functional in the foreground and BOOT Windows / other OS in the background and then relinquish/ switch to the main OS as/ when the user chooses.

This would be amazing.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Splashtop is quite fast and is preloaded by many pc manufacturers (although they change the name).

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by daark.child View Post
    Splashtop is quite fast and is preloaded by many pc manufacturers (although they change the name).
    I noticed the rebranding. Where could I get a copy of it? .ISO?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn_in View Post
    Where could I get a copy of it?
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

A quick google search for download splashtop should give you some options for downloading.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Would this have the same performance and bootup times as the ones available with the Acer and other branded laptops?