Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Here is something to think about- I have a VMWare Player virtual machine that runs a default install of Fedora12 and I can work that just fine. I just can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Here is something to think about- I have a VMWare Player virtual machine that runs a default install of Fedora12 and I can work that just fine. I just can not boot the ex-hdd Fedora?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by sstevenc1 View Post
    Here is something to think about- I have a VMWare Player virtual machine that runs a default install of Fedora12 and I can work that just fine. I just can not boot the ex-hdd Fedora?
    Not really. You can, but there will be problems. Let's get this one sorted out before you try base jumping without a chute.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    F2 is my wireless activation- I will have to go wired first. I will try this

Just Joined!
    I can't understamd that the VMWare works but the nomodset on the Ex-HDD doesn't.

Just Joined!
    Yes after I logged onto the system I can't get to the login screen. I would have to hard pwr down at this point

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You can also use ctrl-alt-F3, or ctrl-alt-F4. In any case, ctrl-alt-F2 should not affect the wireless. That would be done with the Fn-F2 key combo.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for you help. I can operate the OS Fedora12 in runlevel=3 just fine. I can see my local root, my directoried, files, everything as if I was in a terminal from the GUI desktop.
    Now to get the graphics fixed.

Well, FC12 is quite old now (in internet years). Try a more current Linux distribution to see if this problem gets resolved. You can boot from a live CD/DVD/USB device (check out unetbootin) to test without affecting the installed OS on your system.

Just Joined!
    I shall try this. I haven't looked into the /etc/X11 directory yet, just to see what was loaded by default out of curiousity. I still have so much to learn... thank the Lord that this OS is so forgiving

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2