Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Sorry - this "vertical line" I have no idea how to do - so I sent a link to you in your "private" mail. Sorry for that. But as you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sorry - this "vertical line" I have no idea how to do - so I sent a link to you in your "private" mail. Sorry for that. But as you can see the full length of the file.

Sincerely
    Allan

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Ok. Got the message w/ the dump. Here are the relevant lines:

Code:
    [   20.981783] ath5k 0000:03:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 17 
    [   20.981803] ath5k 0000:03:00.0: setting latency timer to 64 
    [   20.981855] ath5k 0000:03:00.0: registered as 'phy0' 

[   21.545294] ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x62 
    [   21.545298] ath: EEPROM indicates we should expect a direct regpair map 
    [   21.545303] ath: Country alpha2 being used: 00 
    [   21.545306] ath: Regpair used: 0x62 

[   21.556289] Registered led device: ath5k-phy0::rx 
    [   21.556333] Registered led device: ath5k-phy0::tx 
    [   21.556346] ath5k phy0: Atheros AR5414 chip found (MAC: 0xa3, PHY: 0x61)
    From this, the system is recognizing the hardware and has not encountered any errors in talking to it.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by allanramsby View Post
    Sorry - this "vertical line" I have no idea how to do - so I sent a link to you in your "private" mail. Sorry for that. But as you can see the full length of the file.
    Don't know about a Danish keyboard, but my US keyboard has the vertical line at the right side of the main keyboard just above the Enter key and just to the right of the keys with the braces ] and }. It is with the backslash key, so it is shift-backslash.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Is it correctly understood that you / we actually give up - everything seems to stand and work properly, yet it does not work? If it is really understood, I would be allowed to tell you many thanks for your great help.

It annoyed me, of course, that at my workplace there are 24 machines that work perfectly with linux on - but they can not get on our wireless network.

I think anyway that I want to go a little further - perhaps I fall over a linux version that would like to work on the system. Thank you again for your patience and great help.

Sincerely
    Allan Ramsby - from Denmark

Since all the distributions you mentioned are Ubuntu variants (including Mint), you might want to try some Red Hat ones, such as Fedora. You can also try a USB WiFi transceiver as well. They can be bought for not a lot of money, and a number work just fine with Linux.

What happens when you click on the network manager icon in the panel? Does it see your network at all? Have you entered the proper password? I'm not clear on exactly what you mean when you say that the laptops cannot get on the network.

Just Joined!
    I own a Lenovo notebook and I'm very happy with it, although people have suggested me to stay away from it *haha*I'm glad I didn't listen
    Unfortunately I cannot help with the network problem
    thank you for all the suggestions in this thread. I will definitely keep this in mind. This could be very useful in the future for me.

Quote Originally Posted by robsi View Post
    I own a Lenovo notebook and I'm very happy with it, although people have suggested me to stay away from it *haha*I'm glad I didn't listen
    Unfortunately I cannot help with the network problem
    thank you for all the suggestions in this thread. I will definitely keep this in mind. This could be very useful in the future for me.
    Well, my company is a major user of both Windows (desktops) and Linux (desktops and servers) - 100,000+ users. For engineering (hardware and software) our standard workstation systems are high-end Lenovo laptops. They work fine with both Windows and Linux, including bluetooth and WiFi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3