Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have tried ubuntu 11.10, debian 6, and lastly fedora 15. Suspend and hibernate will not work in any of these versions of linux except for ubuntu i was able ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Hp dv4 1028us suspend and hibernate not working in fedora 15

I have tried ubuntu 11.10, debian 6, and lastly fedora 15. Suspend and hibernate will not work in any of these versions of linux except for ubuntu i was able to get hibernate to work. I like fedora the best and would really like to get suspend and hibernate to work if someone could help me that would be great. I have tried looking over the forum and the internet for a solution so far nothing has worked. Any help is very much appreciated. :d

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Depending upon your wireless chip set and driver/firmware, some don't allow or interfere with suspend/hibernate operations. There can be other reasons as well, but this is a common one. Ubuntu seems to have done the best job of dealing with this stuff. Remember, that Fedora is the "beta" platform for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Nothing is guaranteed to work...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the tip linux is all new to me any help is appreciated. Oh well if suspend and hibernate does not work so far linux seems more stable than windows on my computer.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, suspend/hibernate does work on my Dell D630 laptop running most Ubuntu versions from 8.x on. I'm now running Scientific Linux 6.1 (RHEL 6.1 clone), and just got the wireless to work. Now to check if suspend/hibernate works...

Ok. Suspend works. Now to enable/check hibernate.

Hibernate gives some errors on restarting, but seems to start up again ok. More testing needed.

Again, some errors/messages on restarting from hibernate, but applications that were running when hibernated seem to start up again ok.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!