Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I'm considering to purchase an IPad for remote administration on server, headless, in office. It will be used for Internet browsing and receiving emails while outdoor. Notebook is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

About selecting IPad for admin

Hi all,

I'm considering to purchase an IPad for remote administration on server, headless, in office. It will be used for Internet browsing and receiving emails while outdoor. Notebook is too heavy. What would be your suggestion? Mac or Android system? TIA

B.R.
    satimis

Well, I'm a mac fan for their computers (my GF's MacBook Pro may have been expensive but it's rock solid and just works). But for people who know their way around tech, the iPad is just frustrating. The fact that it's so locked up and that the good apps are paying is rather annoying. Every time I use one I think the same thing: it's pretty, but it's not very functional, in the end. The GalaxyTab offers a lot more options IMO, with quicker hardware and more options (expandable memory, etc). Plus, as a Linux fan, Android still has a certain appeal .

Wait a bit though: the GalaxyTab 11.6 is supposed to be on its way...