Find the answer to your Linux question:
The screen on my laptop died ages ago, and I had been using one of my monitors without a problem. About mid last summer, after an update, it switches to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Issues extending to monitor.

The screen on my laptop died ages ago, and I had been using one of my monitors without a problem. About mid last summer, after an update, it switches to the dead laptop screen at the login screen. I can log on, but I canmt manage to switch any settings flying blind. I set it aside and just used my desktop, but now that'll be in the shop for a while, and Imm wondering if there is a fix for this.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Have you tried booting with an attached usb keyboard & mouse, with the laptop screen closed and the external monitor attached? Doing that, can you access the BIOS?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

About mid last summer, after an update,
    Besides what rubberman said. He is going to make sure you have everything is turned on in bios first. So disregard my post for now. I am just chatting to supply some extra info.

On some distros, After a xorg upgrade. You are greeted by a black screen after booting.

I kinda went through this myself. I ended my reinstalling a video driver to fix this.

My adventure:

antiX-forum - View topic - antixcc, sgfxi,ati,antix, black screen, (SOLVED)
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    I am able to access BIOS, but any attempt to use my usb keyboard while the lid is closed is null.