Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I remember a couple times having to get rfkill installed to get my HP off of airplane mode and turn the WiFi back on. My wife's HP/Compaq CQ57 is from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I remember a couple times having to get rfkill installed to get my HP off of airplane mode and turn the WiFi back on. My wife's HP/Compaq CQ57 is from around 2007, same time as the Dell so they should have the same or close to the same WiFi set up and I got her onto the net without any problems.
    I'm still trying to figure out which Distro I'll put onto the 64bit machine. My HP is a 32bit and it's running Ubuntu 12.04LTS just fine but I don't know if I'll go with the same Dirtro or try something different. I just like the way Ubuntu Unity works(I know, a lot of folks hate it but never having used the older Gnome 2 the newer Gnome 3/Unity feels just fine to me) so I might just stick with 12.04LTS.

Just Joined!
    Hey Its a good series is of laptops. I am using inspiron 15r.But there is a big battery problem with all dell laptops.

Just Joined!
    I am assuming by the date on your post your decision was made long ago. I just wanted to add that I have run a 1520 daily on work days. for going on three plus years. I picked it up inexpensively off ebay. It came with Vista so I installed a Linux dual boot setup. Currently it is running Mint 12, I think, plus extensive application addons, e.g. DrawSight CAD, google Earth, Gimp and GPS photo manipulation software, and etc. I have not had a single problem with this setup and computer. It is also what I take on the road to tap in while traveling. The one caveat I would add is that I just don't use it solely on battery, as I either have it hooked up on AC or vehicle DC. I may now be a dated piece of equipment, but it has been a stellar performer for me.

Wow, this is an old thread. Not had the Dell in a few months.

Just Joined!
    Lenovo T430 is best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2