Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
It's very possible people on here got leveraged upon via social network. You know, I'm just doing a favor for a friend. Ask yourself, unless you are already well abreast ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

It's not a laughing matter.

It's very possible people on here got leveraged upon via social network.

You know, I'm just doing a favor for a friend. Ask yourself, unless you are already well abreast of events going on, how did they get to me? People are influenced by those whom they communicate regularly. It shows in phone records and internet correspondences.
    It's a simple matter of getting to the guy who knows the guy.

My computer problem continues because they get to the guy who knows the guy and I don't have resources to over come it.

I can understand some wise cracks, but there seems to be no one with a good recommendation on using a different computer.

I've used so many computers and tried many combinations of removing devices and it all boils down to something on the motherboard. I can not de-solder a southbridge chipset and replace it because no one sells this chip to consumers.

And I bought computers from newegg, tigerdirect, office depot, best buy, amazon, and frys. And apparently they all cause problems for me.
    Now you can explain that online reviews reveal a lot of people having trouble with computers like booting problems and inter-mitten freezing problems.
    I believe like phone records collection, there are more things they, intelligence community in US, have not told us.
    Last edited by Mag5; 08-22-2013 at 06:23 PM.

I'll sell you my PIII 933MHz with 512MB RAM, 40GB and 19GB HDDs and nVidia GeForce 2 for a pretty penny.

Point being, if you think all the new hardware has all of this added functionality, use older hardware.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by slw210 View Post
    I'll sell you my PIII 933MHz with 512MB RAM, 40GB and 19GB HDDs and nVidia GeForce 2 for a pretty penny.

Point being, if you think all the new hardware has all of this added functionality, use older hardware.
    I tried 1 refurbished computer and pull out my old computer and somehow they put something in them.
    I bought a $100 tigerdirect refurbished intel pentium4 dual core and the bios was custom. There is a device according to the bios is a security device. I brought it to the attention of the tigerdirect sales when I went into tell them about this problem that I have. They basically had me waiting so long that I just left.

I can't boot from USB on my samsung laptop so I thought about finding a CDROM drive made before 9/11 on ebay and I can not find one.

I don't consider myself to be well versed in linux, but I know enough to use python and many great linux utilities like gparted.
    Somehow when I try to use a library that is on the distribution, something just does not work. As if someone is deleting linux or python critical files.

I have this stupid car adapter MP3 player FM transmitter that I plan to use to listen to books on tapes. Well the books have a lot of chapters and this thing only orders the files by last modified date. Well i can change that in python and perl and it shows the updated last modified date when I view the files in linux. But the files never got updated when I used them on the car adapter device. I can't trust anything on the computer.

It's not ai. It's someone with a network connection to my computer without my permission.

I have some old cd drives as well, most any older computer repair facility should have plenty of old hardware for you.

Move out to my part of the planet. Wide open spaces. Dumber than a bag of hammers population when it comes to computers. Hell. We have free wifi at Dairy Queen and Rest Areas. You don't even need a router. Free wifi at the drug store, Holiday Inn, other motels also.

Wpa2 -psk on my home router with firewall is ? as far as my neighborhood goes. My Linux motorcycle shop wireless computers mystify any one that shows up at my shop.
    "Where did you get all that music from and how did you get that new movie to play on the big Screen there. Hey! That aint Windows? Where are the wires?"

I hacked my Blackberry Phone and Verizon does not touch it anymore. My 4" android tablet I just bought for 34 bucks uses wpa-psk wireless encryption also.
    I run 8 gig micro sd in the blackberry for all my mp3 stuff. 16 gig micro sd for movies in the android tablet .

It is way too hot in this desert to wear a tin foil hat. It'll give ya a stroke.

I can't boot from USB on my samsung laptop
    Does it have a floppy drive? Since you said,

so I thought about finding a CDROM drive made before 9/11 on ebay and I can not find one.
    so I am assuming the cdom drive is fubar also.

I can't trust anything on the computer.
    I can't trust anything but my immediate family and some good close real life/online buddies but I don't lose any sleep over it either. Snort: Re: Wireless IDS monitoring using Snort

Happy Trails, Rok
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by slw210 View Post
    I have some old cd drives as well, most any older computer repair facility should have plenty of old hardware for you.
    I may have to take you on your offer. Right now I'm waiting.

Just Joined!

Sometimes it's better to not respond to people if you don't have...

anything good to say.

I know online people think they have a boundary cushion. Whatever.

Anyway the problem I have I believe is more wide spread.
    It could be part of the reason PC sales have been so poor.
    But I also have hacking on Android devices. And I was hoping to find a tablet with linux running without android. And there appears to be very little option. PengPod700 and maybe an Allwinner A20 might be the path for me. I don't know.

Put two routers to separate the computer from the internet connection and encode the Data Management Zone between the routers ... and you will become break-proof.
    You may also replace the HDD with high speed SSD (500 MB/s) ... and encrypt the data on the hard drive.
    What are you doing so much that you are so afraid of being watched?
    The net has continuous data exchange traffic and the logs (even after being deleted from the local computer) leave traces that could be found all over the net. Besides some of the net servers have agreement to provide data.
    These are the realities.
    Besides the new linux distros (and not only linux) have test schedules, maintenance stages, etc. so you could not install a relatively new distro without 'being watched'. It is part of the deal.

Just Joined!
    The big deal is I'm being harassed. I can't do anything useful because they bother me.
    To go into details would take too long to explain. Anyway, as long as they got the guy who covers up what they get away with, I am helpless as a single average person just wanting to use linux for computing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag5 View Post
    Anyway, as long as they got the guy who covers up what they get away with, I am helpless as a single average person just wanting to use linux for computing.
    If you switch off the internet connection nobody would have access to your computer, let alone to harass you.
    Who is that guy ... that is harassing you ... and why should he do that?
    Who are 'they' that should 'got the guy'?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast