Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello there. Thanks in advance for any useful advice! I'm looking to purchase an nSpire N1558 laptop from Novatech and am wondering if anyone has experience with using Linux on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Drivers for Novatech nSpire N1558

Hello there. Thanks in advance for any useful advice!

I'm looking to purchase an nSpire N1558 laptop from Novatech and am wondering if anyone has experience with using Linux on said laptop?

I'm wondering if there are compatible drivers or if anyone knows of a site which will list drivers for laptop hardware.

I can't seem to find out what model mobo is on it but it has UMA Intel GT2 HD 4600 onboard graphics so that might help pinpoint the mobo. The CPU is a Intel Dual Core I5 4200M. It also says "Chipset: HM87" on the description.

It's vague on the wireless and webcam models but wireless is the most important. It says "802.11 bgn, 1x1" for wireless card.

Cheers and thanks!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, this is a bit dated, but to answer your question (sort of), if you can boot the system with a live CD/DVD/USB drive, then you can run the 'lspci' and 'lsusb' commands to see exactly what hardware is in the system as far a peripherals are concerned (audio, video, camera, wifi, etc). The -v (verbose) option is probably called for, though it will generate a lot of data - useful to determine what non-standard drivers you may need.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!