Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running xfce on my Chromebook. I have been trying to get adobe flash player to work. It turned out I was trying to put libflashplugin.so in the wrong ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox on a Chromebook

I am running xfce on my Chromebook. I have been trying to get adobe flash player to work. It turned out I was trying to put libflashplugin.so in the wrong directory. The correct directory, starting at: Mozilla, is missing form my directory.
    I learned this from a video. In a comment on this video another person had the same problem they also used crouton thus I believe this to be linked to the crouton process. Please help.

Just Joined!
    You may need to pull some proprietary drivers from the Chrome OS portion of your system. It isn't a terribly complicated process but does involve mucking around in the CLI a bit. What model of chromebook are you using?

If you know the correct directories, just make them as necessary. That's easy enough to do. However, that may not solve the problem, since just having the directories won't necessarily cause the system to know about, or use, them. Crouton is pretty much a kludge, and doesn't always do everything it should, or claims to do. In essence, it's just a chroot, not an actual Linux installation. Personally, I run a full Debian system from a USB drive. Works for me.

Just Joined!
    Personally I say use chrome anyway as flash will be dead in linux here soon.