Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by docbop View Post
    Man, watching a couple of those videos that things is worse than old MacBooks for swapping out the hard drive. These days things are getting worse with trend for thinner and thinner devices they are starting to solder in memory and other componets.
    Yep, almost as bad as some new cars where you can't really do much to em' anymore. Guess pretty soon computer, cars and a lot of things will just be "Bic Lighters" where you use it then throw it away when it stops working.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    Yep, almost as bad as some new cars where you can't really do much to em' anymore. Guess pretty soon computer, cars and a lot of things will just be "Bic Lighters" where you use it then throw it away when it stops working.
    I'm waiting for the Bic Lighter model wife to come out.

I cam across this thread looking for insight into 32-bit or 64-bit Linux for my Acer Aspire One netbook (2BG DDR2, Intel Atom n450 single-core 64-bit CPU) and whether it will be beneficial to move to 64-bit or use 32-bit. As far as Windows 7 is concerned, 32-bit uses less RAM but if I have a 16GB SD Card installed, configured for the OS (or if I can at least put my swap on it) should 64-bit be better. Which architecture did you choose?

So as not to hijack this thread, I've edited to add a link to my thread with more specific information on the issue I'm looking into.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lap...tml#post960974
    Last edited by wolfton; 11-06-2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Adding link to my own thread - so I don't hijack