Find the answer to your Linux question:
Now that I got the AAO ZG5 set up I've ripped some DVD's with Handbrake to .mkv format and I've been watching them on the little Netbook. Of course some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Been watching movies on my Netbook.

Now that I got the AAO ZG5 set up I've ripped some DVD's with Handbrake to .mkv format and I've been watching them on the little Netbook. Of course some aftermarket USB power speakers are in order to get any kind of decent quality sound out of it but it plays em' just fine and works like a champ. This little thing will be awesome for my wife to take with her when she gets a chance to fly out to Phoenix to visit relatives. I can load a few movies onto it and she can get a decent set of head phones to use so it'll help her pass the time during the flight.
    I really do need to get a better case for it then the little Swiss Gear case I picked up at Wally World. I want something with more room for the extra battery, A/C charger, the external speakers and a couple USB's and maybe some other stuff that I'd like to have with it. All in all though I think it's been a pretty decent buy even though I probably have more into it then it's worth, LOL.

Linux Engineer
    More into then it's worth probably covers most of the computer systems I've bought/built over the years!

I troll Goodwill and Salvation Army for Laptop/Netbook cases and bags. I have picked up some killer gear that way.
    I have my netbooks in Targus bags that cost me just a couple of bucks.
    I have leather corporate IBM bags also. Samsonite quality that cost 5 bucks.

P.S. I watch mp4 cartoons on my phone and Android Tablet like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUop472kHfI

as well as on Netbooks.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I think what I'm going to do is use my Netbook Swiss Gear case for the Netbook then put it into my Targus Laptop case and use the additional room for the extra battery and stuff. A bit more bulky but a less expensive alternative. Also, I just saw the latest Hak5 show and they were doing SDR and I ordered a USB dongle and antenna to play with some SDR so funds are pretty much tapped now. Anyway, I think I got it worked out. Thanks.