Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I don't trust AMD as far as I can throw them. Back in the early 90's, before Dell and all the big boys figured out there was money to be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I don't trust AMD as far as I can throw them. Back in the early 90's, before Dell and all the big boys figured out there was money to be made in the home market, I had a business building custom home systems for people. For a long time I usually used AMD chips b/c of price factors. And those system were *always* unstable and had too many issues to list here. I ended up eating the cost on several systems and rebuilt them with intel chips. After a while I would only use intel. I thought maybe something was wrong with my skillset and I was just too stoooopid to build a system on AMD. Then dell came along and put me out of business. Then in the early 2000's AMD got busted for intentionally mismarking the speeds on their cpus and had to pay a bunch of fines. Google it.

Basically they would take a chip that would run fine at 33MHz (remember this was back in the day) but would fail at 66MHz and mark it and sell it as 66MHz.

I don't care that it's been 20 years. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.

Once a company has such a huge lapse in ethics and blatantly rips me off like that I will never do business with them again.

Intels are over priced. But at least you actually get what you pay for.
    Last edited by Steven_G; 08-21-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Typos

Just Joined!
    Thats good to know, thanks. I always thought AMD had the market cornered in the early years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2