Find the answer to your Linux question:
i run xandros oce 2.0 on a toshiba 1805-s204 laptop. some things that i can't seem to get working properly are: dpms: display wont power off after x amount of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux on toshiba laptop

i run xandros oce 2.0 on a toshiba 1805-s204 laptop.

some things that i can't seem to get working properly are:

dpms: display wont power off after x amount of minutes have passed. the display always stays on, either ac powered or battery powered.

under power control in the control panel: it says acpi suspend/standby is not supported. is this maybe a xandros unsupported thing? could i used another distro that would?

because of this i find i cannot close the top and have the laptop go to sleep suspend/standby. it stays on all the time unless i tell it to shut down, which it does.

i cannot "restart" the computer. i must shutdown, then use the power button. no biggie, but i think it all has to do with acpi not working.

should i switch distos? what could i do to get these things working?

thanks!

Linux Engineer
    Here's a few tools that should get you on the go, power managment tools
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Heres another way. I use it on my Satelite Pro. On boot press exit and load the bios. Under Power select "low power", This will give you 15 mins before you moniter shuts down