Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

2 in 1 laptop (new to linux)

My faithful macbook that has served me well since... George Ws presidency? Man, that thing was a quality machine.

Anyway, its no longer supported for the new OS, so i have a feeling that (despite the fact that it still runs like new) I'll need to finally find a replacement.

What I'm thinking:

I don't have a tablet, but i think it would be really convenient for e-reading and comic books and things of that nature. I figure a 2 in 1 will work just fine because i don't do anything too resource heavy most of the time.

I'm pretty inexperienced with linux (I've used a few distros, and dual booted ubuntu on my macbook just to try it out), but I'm thinking if like to give Solus a try, and maybe virtual box a mac OS until i get my footing.

Primarily I'm looking for advice on 2 in 1s to buy, and whatever expert opinions anyone would like to pass on. I'm prepared to tinker around with getting the touchscreen to work (seems like touchegg is the way to go for that?) and whatever other minor issues may arise, but any help would be appreciated.

Money is a pretty big factor right now, so I'm aiming for $500 or less (again, i don't use it for anything crazy so i can take a hit on quality a little). other than that, I'm pretty open to suggestions.

Just Joined!
    I don't think there's any reason to look for recommendations on which machine to use specifically, Search up laptops that are what you're looking for and in your price range. I would then go about researching the computer and getting the touchscreen working with linux, it's going to be a lot easier than you imagine, although all the information you will find will benefit you in some way in the future. Have some confidence in yourself and full speed ahead!