Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Lenovo Y50-70 Subwoofer doesn't work.

Hello averyone, i have a problem with subwoofer, who can help or solved this problem? I was tried another scripts and all my solutions was useless

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Not enough information. Is this an external woofer, or built into the Lenovo. Also, what model (and specs) of this Lenovo - is it a laptop, desktop, what?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Not enough information. Is this an external woofer, or built into the Lenovo. Also, what model (and specs) of this Lenovo - is it a laptop, desktop, what?
    Sorry, my bad.
    Laptop Lenovo y50-70 Core i7-4720HQ, HD graphics 4600+GeForce Gtx 960m, 8g ram. Elementary os 0.4 Loki. about woofer... i hahe no many information: Realtek ALC283, i have 2 speakers and 1 woofer inside laptop

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    So, is Realtek the sound card? What GUI are you using?

yep, realtek is the sound card. GTK+

GTK+ is the toolkit that some GUIs are built with, such as Gnome. There should be an icon on the screen that allows you to adjust and test your sound. Sometimes the default setting isn't what you want.

Cool lenovo y50 subwoofer problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jhot View Post
    Hello averyone, i have a problem with subwoofer, who can help or solved this problem? I was tried another scripts and all my solutions was useless

Hello there,

I think this link will help you. Download the files, change the permission of
    install.sh and run the script.
    Since i am new here so i am not able to post link in its format anyway i have wrote it in text view:
    https://github.com/dragosprju/y50-subwoofer-linux-enabler

If that doesn't work this will definitely:
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2217683

Hope it will help you.

Sincerely
    ABHI
    Last edited by ABHI091; 08-14-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Thanks, but i actualy try to do that. after first solving I have a problem, this enabler doesn't work after connecting headphones and subwoofer works when headphones connected. bad thing.
    second solving does not work for me. why? i don't know. i was everywhere and have no results yet.

i have no idea how to add images, sorry

-->
    Nice, my guide was deleted, good luck have fun, best forum. Trying to help... Last post on this forum.