Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by nihili View Post
    op will just keep on posting short, meaningless sentences that have no impact on solving their problem.
    If you were unwilling to answer the question, it is totally OK. Please don't post answer like that.

Quote Originally Posted by quirozzk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nihili View Post
    op will just keep on posting short, meaningless sentences that have no impact on solving their problem.
    If you were unwilling to answer the question, it is totally OK. Please don't post answer like that.
    my point precisely.
    you aren't contributing anything here.
    now don't say "you're not contributing anything either"!
    it is YOUR machine and YOUR predicament, we are not looking over your shoulder, and only you are equipped to provide relevant & important information, that would enable us to help you.
    simply saying "i tried this and i tried that and it didn't work" is NOT what "provide relevant information" means.
    please read the first link in my signature.
    I am not a "Linux Guru"! Get off me! The Forum software won't let me change it!
    How to ask smart questions | Don't be a Help Vampire
    You can post a link by removing "http://www." from it.

Quote Originally Posted by quirozzk View Post
    Ophcrack can't find the password after running 4 hours and the computer still asks me for password when I removed it with NT Password.
    One, reset Windows 7 password with repair CD.
    1.Boot the machine with your Windows Repair CD.
    2.Select "Repair Mode".
    3.Use "System Restore" to set Windows back to a point before you changed the password.
    4.Log on with your old password.
    5.Plan ahead a little and create, test and document a spare admin account, same as you have a spare house key for emergencies.
    If you have no reset disk, this is a better way for you. What's more, do you have another admin account on your windows 7? Login it and you can reset other user accounts password easily.

Two, reset Windows 7 password with CMD
    1. Logon you laptop with another user account which has admin privileges.
    2. Click Start, type in "CMD.EXE" in the search box, press Enter.
    3. Command screen apears, type in "net user" "user name" " new password", press Enter. The user account password will be replace as the new one.
    This tip requires you have another admin account to using cmd.exe

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close