Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I use RH9 on my laptop. Compaq Armada E500 model. I am using an external CD Writer drive as the drive that came with the Laptop is defective ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

error messages when no cd in external cd drive

Hi all,
    I use RH9 on my laptop. Compaq Armada E500 model. I am using an external CD Writer drive as the drive that came with the Laptop is defective now. Now the problem is that I get error messages coming on the console screen when there is no cd in the drive(external). It says something like this.

usb-uhci: interrupt, status 3, frame 2036
    usb-uhci: interrupt, status 3, frame 1913
    usb-uhci: interrupt, status 3, frame 1800

The messages keep on coming until I insert a cd into the drive and the number in the last column keeps changing......frame 2036...1754.......

When I insert a RW cd in the drive, it says

UDF-fs: No VRS found.

Now I want to know the meanings of the messages and the possible solution. Any help will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ric

Just Joined!

Re: error messages when no cd in external cd drive

Quote Originally Posted by ricc
    Hi all,
    I use RH9 on my laptop. Compaq Armada E500 model. I am using an external CD Writer drive as the drive that came with the Laptop is defective now. Now the problem is that I get error messages coming on the console screen when there is no cd in the drive(external). It says something like this.

usb-uhci: interrupt, status 3, frame 2036
    usb-uhci: interrupt, status 3, frame 1913
    usb-uhci: interrupt, status 3, frame 1800

The messages keep on coming until I insert a cd into the drive and the number in the last column keeps changing......frame 2036...1754.......

When I insert a RW cd in the drive, it says

UDF-fs: No VRS found.

Now I want to know the meanings of the messages and the possible solution. Any help will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ric

Well, I guess no one knows the answer. I think I will take back my Thanks!. How is it that no one has come across this kind of a problem. I think this is a one of its kind unique problem. And they say Linux is supported by all the great(like) minds. Its better to use Windoze which doesnot give this kinda problem. And they say, the solution to a problem in linux is look unto by thousands of programmers. Then howz it that its been 10 days, if not less, and no one is able to give an answer.

Atleast encouraging words like " Ya its a crap".

Well supported OS, thats Linux for us. Isn't it guys!!!.

Ric