Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

After Installing Slackware 10.1???

Ive Installed SLackware 10.1 after it boots it takes me to welcome darkstar or something...anyways does anyone know what do from there?? i know i have to login root, but after that what do i do to run the desktop enviro.? I chose black box...Thanx

Code:
    startx blackbox
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Thank you so much

thanx a lot i looked all around for it in the install notes couldnt find it. thanx.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

i tryed that ad got an error

i tryed that and got an error file not found or not there

what happens when you simply type startx?
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

i get an unknown or invalid command

i get an unknown or invalid command. i dont understand why

ok i used the GDM command and got this error:

-binary:error while loading shared libraries libpangoxft-1.0.so.0:cannot open shared object file:no such file or directory

tryed whereis x and it retyurned

x:

i did ls /etc/x11, no such file or directory???

It looks like you don't have a X environment on you system. I believe you would have to have a /etc/X11
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

ok u might be right but im pretty sure x was installed i watched the whole installation, im not sure if i partitions my hd right ki made 2 parts. one 1300 kb linux style and one 1000 kb swap 82 is that fine and has nothing to do with this or..? and if its the x not being installed how would would i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Silent
    ok u might be right but im pretty sure x was installed i watched the whole installation, im not sure if i partitions my hd right ki made 2 parts. one 1300 kb linux style and one 1000 kb swap 82 is that fine and has nothing to do with this or..? and if its the x not being installed how would would i do that?
    You installed slackware 10.0 in 2gigs? First I would reinstall and make a smaller swap file 1000 isn't needed on that small of a drive.
    I am not sure if you can even have x with that small of a partition.
    -- Linus Torvalds