Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Ive Installed SLackware 10.1 after it boots it takes me to welcome darkstar or something...anyways does anyone know what do from there?? i know i have to login root, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

After Installing Slackware 10.1???

Ive Installed SLackware 10.1 after it boots it takes me to welcome darkstar or something...anyways does anyone know what do from there?? i know i have to login root, but after that what do i do to run the desktop enviro.? I chose black box...Thanx

Code:
    startx blackbox
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!

Thank you so much

thanx a lot i looked all around for it in the install notes couldnt find it. thanx.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

i tryed that ad got an error

i tryed that and got an error file not found or not there

what happens when you simply type startx?
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!

i get an unknown or invalid command

i get an unknown or invalid command. i dont understand why

Just Joined!
    ok i used the GDM command and got this error:

-binary:error while loading shared libraries libpangoxft-1.0.so.0:cannot open shared object file:no such file or directory

tryed whereis x and it retyurned

x:

i did ls /etc/x11, no such file or directory???

It looks like you don't have a X environment on you system. I believe you would have to have a /etc/X11
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!
    ok u might be right but im pretty sure x was installed i watched the whole installation, im not sure if i partitions my hd right ki made 2 parts. one 1300 kb linux style and one 1000 kb swap 82 is that fine and has nothing to do with this or..? and if its the x not being installed how would would i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Silent
    ok u might be right but im pretty sure x was installed i watched the whole installation, im not sure if i partitions my hd right ki made 2 parts. one 1300 kb linux style and one 1000 kb swap 82 is that fine and has nothing to do with this or..? and if its the x not being installed how would would i do that?
    You installed slackware 10.0 in 2gigs? First I would reinstall and make a smaller swap file 1000 isn't needed on that small of a drive.
    I am not sure if you can even have x with that small of a partition.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast