Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey Gurus, Has anyone of you ever installed SUSE 9.1 on his /her laptop.........One thing i have discovered as I was working SUSE on ma laptop. This business seem to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Suse 9.1 on laptop

Hey Gurus,

Has anyone of you ever installed SUSE 9.1 on his /her laptop.........One thing i have discovered as I was working SUSE on ma laptop. This business seem to reach one stage and locks the user and the root from logging to the X-window.

But one thing i have changed and this stuff is yet to happen is to remove all the default groups that are assigned to the user account once you create it. I only left user as the only group and this strange stuff is yet to happen and I am praying it does not come back again.

Waiting for your reaction....

Regards,
    Ndaula Ahmed
    Uganda

Hi Ndaula,

I had alot of success installing 9.1 on my laptop. The only thing that didn't work was my modem (truthfully, I didn't try that hard to fix it). One thing I noticed was that the screen resolution was messed up (wouldnt go higher than 800x600) but could be easily fixed with 855wrap (http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/855patch.html).

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.