Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I was able to install the Mandrake linux in a desktop and it is working fine right now but not on my laptop. I think I will try installing slackware ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slackware

I was able to install the Mandrake linux in a desktop and it is working fine right now but not on my laptop. I think I will try installing slackware 10.1. Thanks for the suggestion!
    -jeshon

Just Joined!

how to set acpi to off?!

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion! when my computer hangs during booting linux, nothing works....no buttons and all i end up doing is shuttind down the power and restarting again. Ctrl Alt Backspace, or Ctrl Alt F1 nothins works!!! can I change acpi to off during installation?! what else can and should be done during installation such that the booting problem is solved?!
    -thanks for your concern
    -jeshon

Just Joined!

installing Slackware on a laptop

Is it possible to install slackware on a laptop without a floppy drive?! I was reading in the website in the install help secion of slackware.com and it said something about booting floppy disk......is it possible to install slackware without having to use any floppy disks?! Please let me know...
    Thank you
    -jeshon

Just Joined!

Mandrake linux now working on my laptop

Thanks to crazynoodle7, I finally figured out where in the bootloader I could force no ACPI when booting and now the Mandrake linux is working fine in my laptop. Thank you very much!!!!
    -jeshon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2